(For insurance purposes, Fish-outs are for members only. If questions, please ask.)
Fish-outs are offered by the Club as an opportunity for members to get together and enjoy a day of fishing with other Club members. Many members find that Fish-outs not only give them the motivation to get out on the water but also explore fishing opportunities they may not otherwise discover. While these are not intended solely as educational outings, participants find they broaden their knowledge of our local area and improve their skills by association with the more seasoned members of the club.
The Fish-Out Committee has prepared a new schedule for 2019. Fish-outs are planned with a variety of options including weekend and weekday events, access to all types of water courses (lakes, rivers, and beaches) and seasonal fly fishing opportunities (Rainbow Trout in Spring and Pink Salmon in Fall).
Beach Fishing Primer – 2019: A presentation to the club membership September 17, 2019
Power Point Presentation: Beach Fishing Primer – 2019
The Fish-Out Committee has approved the following 7 Fishouts for 2019:
1. April 28th, Sunday Spider Lake (leader, Al McLean)
2. May 22nd, Wednesday Green Lake (leader, Garry Fisher)
3. June 6th, Thursday Elk River (leader, Cormack Gates)
4. Late July Date TBA Quinsam/Campbell Rivers* (leader, Brian Dodd)
5. August 22nd, Thursday Nile Beach* (leader, Wayne Moorman)
6. Sept. 26th, Thursday Royston/Miracle Beach* (leader, Cormack Gates)
7. October 10th, Thursday Puntledge River* (leader, Michel Vallee)
* these dates may have to be adjusted depending on the arrival of the salmon!
Information on the Fish-outs will also be posted on the Facebook page.
Review this site for regular updates.
If there are places you would like to visit, please forward your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All plans will be subject to change. It may be necessary to adjust proposed Fish-outs to accommodate the unpredictable habits of fish and weather. Notice of changes will appear as soon as a decision to postpone an event is determined.